March 11, 2010 - Update
Very proud of myself. Not only have I stuck to the Weight Watchers plan, but I have also stuck to my exercise regime. That's right - I have gone to the gym everyday for an hour, 1/2 hour on the Elliptical machine and 1/2 an hour on the treadmill.
The best part, I'm out of the 230's. They are gone forever as I now sit at 227! 6 pounds in 1 and 1/2 weeks is pretty amazing. However, I've relied pretty heavily on frozen SmartOnes dinners. My lack of cooking skills and the size of my 3 x 7 kitchen make it hard for me to be creative with my meals. I'm pretty content with frozen dinners on a daily basis, but am worried about the nutritional value they come with. Health is about more than just weight loss, as Weight Watchers has taught me. So in the coming weeks, I'm going to try to work in some more fresh foods and the like.
Tried to be a bit creative for dinner tonight as I was craving some cheese and crackers (not just 1 or 2, but lots!). So my solution I came up with for this craving was garlic on low-fat crackers. Because garlic has virtually no fat, I thought it was the perfect solution. So I roasted a bulb of garlic and ate all the roasted cloves with 12 crackers. When I got to the gym, I noticed a distinct garlic smell and pin-pointed it to me. I stunk. When I came home, I quickly hit the shower to get rid of the smell - I forgot how garlic oozes out of me after eating it, and had made the terrible mistake of eating a whole bulb. Sigh. The shower didn't work, the garlic is still oozing out of my pores. This is starting to worry me.
Here's hoping that tomorrow I don't stink.
Wow 6 pounds in less then 2 weeks, that's really incredible. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to following your blog :)
ReplyDelete